Tonight I’m going to finish the final two chapters of George Orwell’s Animal Farm, and I’m anticipating a very positive review because it’s been an excellent read so far. That means if you’ve been paying attention, I’m down to my last five books of the year! I read 20 books in 2011, and my goal this year was to read 25 (with The Hobbit as a bonus re-read before the movie release in December, if I can squeeze it in!).
I always love including my followers, so I’d like you to pick five books from my to-read list below, and the novels that receive the most votes will make up the rest of my 2012 reading! I’ll even label them by genre to make your decision-making a bit easier…
- Deeply, Desperately by Heather Webber (sequel to Truly, Madly)
- A Lot Like Love by Julie James (another novel in her FBI series)
- Gilded Age by Claire McMillan
- The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker
- The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
Young Adult Fiction
- Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (final book in the series!)
- My Week with Marilyn by Colin Clark
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
So that’s eight books total, but you can only choose five! No additions, please, as I have already purchased all these books (or were given as birthday gifts) , and cannot afford to go broke on more! Hopefully, I’ll get around to your favorites eventually!