Right now I’m reading Frankenstein thanks to Bridget over at Dog-Eared and Dog-Tagged sending me her copy, but since I’ve yet to finish it, this week I’m taking part in “Top Ten Tuesday,” a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I’ve actually never joined a book club, but if I did, I’d like to read some of the classics that I didn’t get the chance to read in school. I always make time for YA, romance, and my fav modern lit authors, and a book club could keep me motivated to go back to the canon. I have no idea if I’ll enjoy these novels, but at least I’d be able to say that I’ve finished them!
Without further ado, here are my top ten books I’d love to read if I had my own book club!
1. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
2. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
3. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
4. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
5. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
6. The Divine Comedy by Dante
7. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
8. Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
9. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
10. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
I can’t believe that I still haven’t read these books, so if you have, let me know what you think of them! And don’t forget to share which books you’d select for your own book clubs!