Happy St. Patrick’s Day! So far, I’ve read six books in 2015, so I’m ahead of schedule for completing my annual reading quota of 20 books. Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, is about the stories on the top of our TBR (to-be-read) list this spring.
1. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
2. Beowulf translated by J.R.R. Tolkien
3. The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
We all have TBR lists that are miles long, but I’ll start with the three that I’m currently reading. Bet Me and Beowulf have been put on hold, so I can finish The Buried Giant before I meet author Kazuo Ishiguro! The book signing is less than three weeks away, so it’s crunch time!
Will be reading:
4. The Gendarme by Mark Mustian
5. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
6. When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison
7. Perfectly Matched by Heather Webber
8. Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale
9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The next four books that I’ve listed are ones that I have already purchased and are waiting for me on my shelf. I’m particularly excited about The Gendarme, since its subject matter will coincide with the centennial commemoration of the Armenian Genocide next month. I have yet to buy Flowers from the Storm and Fangirl, but they come so highly recommended that it’s only a matter of time before they’re added to the shopping cart!
10. Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed: 16 Writers on Their Decision Not to Have Kids by Meghan Daum
Lastly, I don’t officially count non-fiction toward my quota, but I can’t wait to get my hands on Selfish when it’s published at the end of this month. It will be so refreshing to hear from other writers on their decision to live childfree lives. I have a feeling I’ll be nodding along in agreement through the entire book! So what’s next on your TBR list? Let’s share our reading suggestions!