As 2015 comes to a close, it’s natural to get nostalgic over everything that’s happened during the year. Between changing jobs and relocating, to starting my own real-life book club and adopting my two kittens, the past 12 months have been a crazy rollercoaster ride!
If your life has been equally eventful, there’s a chance that you’ve missed a blog or two on Book Club Babe. That’s okay, though, because today I’m sharing the top ten most-viewed posts from 2015!
- Book Review: Frankenstein. I’m guessing there are a lot of high school and college students out there who stumbled on my review while doing homework. That, or the latest movie adaptation with Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy is inciting renewed interest in this classic!
- Top 10 things I HATE when it comes to romances in books. Lack of racial diversity? No secondary characters? Really bad sex? Don’t get me started on all these romance novel faux-pas!
- Top 10 Quotes from my Favorite Books. My life’s mantra can be summed up by Gandalf the Grey: “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.“
- Why I HATE Jonathan Franzen. Move over, Nicholas Sparks! There’s another author who sparked my vitriol this year!
- Book Review: The Buried Giant. There were high expectations for Kazuo Ishiguro’s latest novel in a decade, and I was not disappointed. Not to mention, getting my copy signed by the literary genius himself has to be one of the highlights of my entire life, let alone this year!
- Never Forget 1915: Commemorating the Centennial of the Armenian Genocide. 2015 marked the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, a historical tragedy which deeply affected my ancestors and influenced my culture. Every year I educate my readers about Turkey’s massacre of 1.5 million Armenians during WWI and remind them that to this day, the U.S. does not formally recognize this event as a genocide, because it cares more about military alliances than supporting the survivors. Shame on America.
- I’m a New Mother of Twins! A surprising number of people were fooled by my clickbait, in which I introduced Lyra and Pippin, my adorable fur babies. The kitties are now eight months old and although they drive me insane at times, I still love them more than most people.
- Movie Review: Fifty Shades of Grey. No one was shocked to find out that the film sucked just as bad as the book, but at least the soundtrack was awesome!
- Top 10 All-Time Favorite Books Since I Started Blogging. I’ve been blogging for over four years now, and these are my favorite books during that time.
- Top 10 Book-Related Problems I Have. Not enough money, not enough time, not enough shelf space. Story of my life, and of avid readers everywhere!
I hope you enjoyed my blog this year, and feel free to share your thoughts of what kinds of posts you’d like to see more of in 2016! More rants? More top ten lists? More cat pics? Book Club Babe is here to serve you!