In this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, we’re sharing our latest five-star reads: the best of the best, la creme de la creme, our very own A-game! As luck would have it, in the five years that I have been blogging, I have only given a five-star rating to exactly ten books, out of 107 books total!
I’d say that less than 10% is reasonably selective, so if you’re searching for a perfect springtime read, make sure you pick up one of these!
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Ed note: sequels not recommended, so read at your own risk!)
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman
- I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
So which books would give five out of five stars? Share your top recommendations in the comments!