This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, a meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish, is all about checking in with our favorite literary characters from our childhood. It’s great when you’re a kid reading about other kids–often from magical places–but what would those characters’ lives be like when they’re all grown up?
I can only imagine all of the shout-outs to Harry Potter from other book bloggers, but I’ve purposefully left that series off my list. As much as I love Harry and friends, let’s make room for other awesome novels!
- Jonas from The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Tuck family from Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- The children from The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
- Artemis from the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
- Bartimaeus from the Bartimaeus series by Jonathan Stroud
- Lyra and Will from the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman
- Addie and Meryl from The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
- Sophie and Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
- The Baudelaires from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- Harold from Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson