I know that I’ve been busy, but I cannot believe that I almost missed the fifth anniversary of my blog! Many of the book bloggers whom I follow are college students just getting started, so I definitely feel like a veteran after half a decade. In fact, a recent blog referred to my Why I HATE Nicholas Sparks post as “ancient.” Thanks?
To celebrate this major blogiversary, I’m here to share five fun facts about your very own Book Club Babe!
1. The Hard Numbers: In the five years that I’ve been blogging, I’ve written 416 posts and gained almost 87,000 total views from over 46,600 visitors. The day with the best views ever (463 total) was April 8, 2015, but that’s only because my talented brother Nick Jarrett launched my personal website alyssajarrett.com that day, which hosts a feed to this blog. Check it out to see my professional portfolio and find links to my vlogs and other social media networks.
2. The Fanbase: Speaking of social media, let’s tally up my fans! I have a total of 850 followers, which includes my WordPress (123) and email (18) subscribers, personal Facebook (234), Facebook page (71), Twitter (151), Pinterest (98), personal Google+ (36), Google+ page (94), Goodreads (21), and YouTube (4). I’m certainly not the most popular blog on the web, but I’ve heard many times that people found books they loved thanks to my reviews, and that makes everything worth it.
3. Most Popular Day and Time of Posts: Tuesday (17% of views) at 12:00PM PST (6% of views). Not surprising, given the popularity of the Top Ten Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. If you’re a new book blogger, join us!
4. Most Discussed Posts: Other than my rant on the romance novel king, my most commented on posts include My Top Ten Goals for 2016, Top Ten Books When You Just Want to Laugh, and my rant on Fifty Shades of Grey.
5. VIP Commenters: I have to give a special shout-out to Alison Doherty at Hardcovers and Heroines, The Other Watson at Wanton Creation, and Bridget at Dog-Eared and Dog-Tagged for supporting me all these years. I consider them some of my first blogging friends, and I wish them all the best in the future!
Another year down, hopefully many more to go! Thank you for all the insightful conversations, amazing recommendations, and wonderful memories!
Book Club Babe